Q. How many manuscripts can I pitch?
A. You can pitch two completed manuscripts per agent or editor unless otherwise indicated.
Q. How do I write a 3 line pitch?
A. Use loglines to craft your 3 line pitch. Focus on the main characters and the main conflicts. You may want to consider GMC. Search online for some good examples and/or get feedback from your writer friends and chapter mates.
Q. What do I do if I get a request?
A. Pay close attention to exactly what the editor or agent has requested. Research the submission guidelines on their website for further direction and/or understanding of their expectations. Ask us for help to ensure you have everything you need.
Q. Where do I find more information on what each particular editor or agent is looking for?
A. Here are some suggestions:
- Publishers Marketplace (While there is a monthly fee for full access to this website, you can subscribe for a limited time while you are researching. You can also get a subscription to Publishers Lunch for free.)
- The editor or agent’s company website.
- RWA ‘s page on publishers and agents.
- Preditors and Editors
- Agent Query
- Interviews the agent or editor has done online
- Their clients’ blogs or websites
- Personal Blogs
- Corporate Blogs